1. Increase Engagement with Prospective Parents
The improved website should lead to an increase the volume of phone calls, emails, and/or visits from qualified prospective parents. Once the prospective parent has contacted LVMS, a simple follow-up campaign will be used to convert them to an applicant.2. Increase Visibility and Recognition
The website should help increase the visibility and name recognition of LVMS as an early childhood education provider in our region. Our region can be described as: NE Mpls, Columbia Heights, Fridley, St Anthony, Mounds View, 694/Central Ave corridor. We recognize that the website is one part of multiple opportunities to increase visibility. Additional effort will be made with our Facebook Page and possibly Google Adwords to support this goal as well. Our Word of Mouth campaign will continue to seek personal referrals via outreach from parents and staff.3. Increase Enrollment
A recent parent survey indicates that at least 50% of our current parents learned about LVMS via a web search.
1. Content Maintenance
In order to keep the website up-to-date with timely information, the content creation and updating tasks will be performed by LVMS staff, board, or volunteer users. These users should be able to create, edit, and archive content in a constrained and intuitive process. 2. Content for Prospective Parents
Qualified, prospective parents are the primary audience of this website, and reaching them with informative, persuasive content that solicits a real conversation is the most valuable thing this website can perform.3. Up-to-date Information for Current Parents, Community
Our current parents are our customers, and a website that provides relevant and timely information for them will help us provide greater value to them. Involvement with current parents and the greater community help us run our programs, raise funds, and establish and maintain recognition.4. Aesthetic, refined website design
The visual design and layout of the website must, above all, support the content and the goals of the website. Superfluous design elements are not desired. The design should follow current style, format, and layout standards in the education and non-profit genres â€“ bright, light colors, meaningful photos showing real people/staff, audience and action-focused content, clear calls-to-action, etc.5. CMS User Roles, Simple Workflow
While not required, simple CMS workflow or content revision support will be a valuable capability for this website. A simple workflow would consist of a contributor/writer role who can create and edit articles, and an editor/approver role who can review and publish articles. This functionality will allow LVMS to delegate content updates to a wider range of parents and staff.A content revision feature set will provide additional confidence to the editor/approver role, knowing that changes arenâ€™t permanent or unrecoverable will prevent hesitation when making larger-scale changes, such as adding a new summer program page or replacing the academic calendar content.6. Mobile-Optimized Version
Also not a strict requirement, but if feasible within reasonable effort, a mobile-optimized view of the LVMS website can help us reach our audience with targeted content and actions for a small-screen, mobile device.
The updated website will contain targeted that strives to reach the following primary user types:
- Looking for qualified, valuable early-education program for their child(ren.
- Looking for daycare options in our region.
- Looking for local Montessori providers, or looking for local source of information about Montessori education.
- Wants to know cost, hours, schedule, calendar of LVMS program.
- Wants to contact LVMS.
- Wants to apply for enrollment at LVMS.
- Positive bias towards Montessori, looking for more than a daycare provider, values early education.
- Has child(ren aged between 2 & 6 years old.
- Lives, works, commutes within our region, or willing to travel to LVMS location.
- Wants to get contact info, see timely updates/notices/calendar & schedule
- Get relevant forms, parent participation forms, etc
- Wants to get contact info, see location map, confirm current/upcoming event details
BOARD MEMBERS, STAFF
- Wants to see timely updates, confirm upcoming events and meetings, use content to help promote LVMS
COMMUNITY AT LARGE/NEIGHBORHOOD
- Wants to learn about program, see upcoming events
PROPOSED SITE MAP
- Contact Call-to-Action
- Donate Call-to-Action
- Global Navigation
- Logo/Mission Statement
- Experience - photo slideshow, juxtaposed with quotes/statements from mission
- Eligibility - snippet or content block about ages and grades accepted/served
- Fees & Hours - breakdown/summary of typical monthly tuition/fees, (see tuition calculator described below)
- Events - list of upcoming events (up to 3)
- Mission/Vision Statement - value proposition of LVMS, why LVMS
- email address or form, phone number, mailing address
- map & directions
- list of upcoming events
- event details
- fees & hours
- application process
- Staff bios, etc
4-6 unique layouts/templates
- Home page
- Events list
- Event details
- Content page
- Blog list
- Blog article
The following website features will support the content described above:Tuition & Fees Calculator
This is a client-side scripted feature that allows a visitor to quickly estimate the monthly tuition and fees for his/her child(ren).This calculator will prompt the user to enter values or edit/adjust default values for:
- number of children attending
- number of lunch meals per week/month
- number of extended hours per day/week/monthEvents Calendar/List
The events calendar will contain the following information for upcoming events:
- descriptionThe calendar content should be limited to parent-level or open-to-public events, such as spaghetti dinner, parent meeting, silent auction, etc.Each event listing will link to an events detail page, which will allow for the display of extended description content, pictures, etc.Blog
The blog section is an optional feature, and will only be implemented if we can get commitments from one or more capable article writers.Because this website has been planned for deployment within WordPress, including a blog section incurs little additional development effort. It is assumed that the blog will be kept simple, focusing on one primary feed/category, and potentially one author for all updates.Home Page
- Distinct layout, strong call to action for primary audience
- Cascading navigation to site pages, progressive enhancement, serve as SEO-friendly sitemap
- Introduces global navigation layout
- Includes additional content below the fold - to help SEO
- provides clear step to download & submit application, overview of timeline/"what to expect"